Favorite cover?

As a (minor) film buff, I almost invariably prefer originals. But when it comes to audio, I  have found more than a few covers that I prefer to the originals. So, to kick things off, and with all due respect to Boz Scaggs, I absolutely LOVE this live Incognito version of Lowdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH%E2%80%A6

What's on the top of your lists?
whipsaw
To me, Lou Reed falls into a category with Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan and Tom Waits in that some of the best versions of their songs end up being done by other artists. Some of my favorite Lou Reed / Velvet Underground covers are:

EVAN DANDO & KIRSTY MacColl: "Perfect Day"
BRYAN FERRY: "All Tomorrow's Parties"
MOTT THE HOOPLE: "Sweet Jane"
THE PRIMITIVES: "I'll Be Your Mirror"
MITCH RYDER & DETROIT WHEELS: "Rock N' Roll
THE TELESCOPES: "Candy Says"

In an ironic twist, I thought the best song on the Bob Dylan "30th Anniversary Concert Celebration" (aka BobFest) was Lou Reed's stomping cover of "Foot Of Pride."

The Triple Threat in the 70s and 80s was David Bowie, Iggy Pop and Lou Reed. I’m not hot doggin ya! 🌭 
Everly Brothers-"Unchained Melody"

Shonen Knife-"Top of the World"

Roy Orbison-"Love Hurts"

R.E.M.-"First We Take Manhattan"
Yes, his version of Wonderwall is terrific.  It is too bad he has fallen into the persona non grata classification of artists.

There are a lot of covers I really like, but, not necessarily more than the originals, for example: Garcia/Grisman-"Friend of the Devil."