High value, giant killer speakers?

What speakers have you heard at any price did you find are fairly priced or a great deal and competed with offerings much more expensive (2x, 3x, 4x etc)? 
smodtactical
To dave123456 and thecarpathian  Thank You for your kind response. I have a pair of the CBM170 and that is what inspired me to try the 340's. In my opinion with all things considered with customer service being one of them Ascend Acoustics delivers the best value and service I have ever seen. The products that they offer provide excellent value, and they stand behind them 100%. With a 30 day trial period and bomb proof shipping I don't see how you could go wrong.
While I recognize most of the brands mentioned, (and realize I'm way out of my league),  I got off the merry go round 13 years ago when I stumbled upon some lower end Mirage omnipolar speakers on closeout for $200 each.

They sound almost as good as Maggies... and better than any point source speaker I have heard to date.  Except for maybe Vienna.

The best thing with the Mirage Omni... is that there is no "off axis". The room becomes like a giant pair of 3D headphones.

I was going to upgrade to the OMD's, (and bi-amp)... but they are NLA.

:(
I stand corrected.  I would add the Acoustic Research AR-303's of the early '90s to the Vienna... when paired to a Sunfire amp of same vintage.
Everyone's favorite is a "giant killer". Has to be in order to assuage the restless ego. Heaven forbid you actually spent money on an average performer! Audiophiles need to think they hit a home run with their system while others hit a double, or perhaps a triple.  

Imo, when you ignore major shortcomings in design and performance you have automatically disqualified your "giant killer". A purported giant killer that can't do under 35Hz +/-3dB? Really? I think not. A panel that sounds dynamically dead compared to a horn as a giant killer? Uh, no. 

Just because you happened to get a speaker sounding terrific to you in no way means it's inherently superior to any given other speaker.  :)