where to go from here..,,

I stumbled on a steal for Aerial 7T's that I couldn't pass up, and love them. I know they aren't geting the best from the rest of the system...
Oppo BDP103, Odyssey Stratos powering the Aerials, then Yamaha RXA3010 powering PSB center and surrounds (rear and sides).

My serious listening is 2 channel, so my upgrade interests lie in the area of improving that. I do have a sub for movies, but its not in the loop on 2 channel.

From my reading so far, a separate pre- with HT bypass is likely to provide the best improvement in 2 channel SQ(?)

My room is 'live', 19X12X8, tv mounted high between speakers, with the mains about 42" from front baffle to wall behind, and about 28" from side walls. I am learning to use a computer with high rez digital downloads through the Oppo or Yamaha DAC's to feed better source material. No interest or budget for vinyl.

Any thoughts and guidance appreciated....thanks
english210
The preamp IS the most colored and dynamic piece you can add. Get the "right combination" and you get goose bumps! Having said that you can pull your hair out trying to find this. I cant stand to listen to digital unless its through a good TUBE based preamp, some people swear by Solid state. Ayre makes a great solid state product. For tubes you could try Modwright or Primaluna, Manley Labs, Dehavilland,Doge, the list is really endless and it begins with you listening to different ones until you find the "right" one for you.
I have Aerial 7Ts with a Parasound A21 amp and Parasound P5 preamp. Is there better/different, yes, but I submit you will have to spend significantly more money to get slightly better sound.
Mattmiller, I agree, the possibilities are almost endless, and the synergy issues impossible to predict wihout some trial and error, which I'm prepared to try, just throwing it out to see what direction I can get. My Odyssey I bought from here on a recommendation, and it did wonders for my old speakers. It does well on Aerials too, which is why I'm thinking it will stay for now, and the pre- should be my next step. I like the Aerials' imaging and their top to bottom frequency response in my room seems to linear and 'complete'...I don't feel I'm missing highs, lows, or midrange, but can't help thinking the AVR is the weak link.

Ricred1, thanks for the input, Parasound was on the shortlist for power amps when I got the Odyssey, and I've heard good things about the P5 and P7. Do they have HT bypass?
"11-06-14: Ricred1
I have Aerial 7Ts with a Parasound A21 amp and Parasound P5 preamp. Is there better/different, yes, but I submit you will have to spend significantly more money to get slightly better sound."

I don't know how you came up with that. How do you define slightly better? Also, you're assuming that everyone will have the same opinion as you.
Zd542,

I'm not here to argue with you, I stated "MY OPINION" based on my experiences.

It's seems more and more people like to argue on Audiogon...been there done it and won't anymore. Audio is subjective and there are no absolutes!