Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Try not to despair too much.
I, for one, couldn't care less if Obscene Audio charges $50K per foot for a USB cable. No skin of my nose! Even if I could afford it I wouldn't bother (law of diminishing returns). And if the Obscene guys bilk the 1%ers so that they can feed their families, more power to 'em!
Meanwhile, my experience is that cables and wire *do* make an audible difference. I heard really nice improvements with better speaker cables and hook-up wire. Less so but still worthwhile with interconnects but only tiny differences with power cables. To each their own.

beetlemania, I’m afraid I don’t have the same cynical constitution to take the view "if someone can get away with ripping people off by taking lots of money under false pretenses...more power to them!"

I actually care when people are ripped off.

And I’m glad others have cared whether I’m being ripped off or not, as I’ve learned from them and saved money through more knowledgeable purchases. And generally speaking, I think the proliferation of b*llshit matters; it makes it all the harder to do and get what we really want, if we are constantly having to dodge rip off artists.

To each his own...

FWIW, those 2.2s at TMR were mine. I sold them to the shop a few weeks ago. An excellent outfit. The 2.2s were terrific speakers but I hadn't used them since acquiring the 3.7s a few years ago. I can vouch for the 9/10 condition. We treated them VERY nicely! Of course, I'm hoping they go to a good home. But that of course is out of my hands.
Todd

under false pretenses
Prof, right there is where we see it differently. You seem to view high end cables as "snake oil". My position is more nuanced: yes, there are obscenely priced cables whose performance is not commensurate with price but that doesn't make it snake oil (similar examples with speakers, amps, and sources; heck, wine and watches for the matter). Again, my experience is that cables and wire *do* make audible improvements. And I have no issue whatsoever if your experience is otherwise.