Interconnect Directionality

Have I lost my mind? I swear that I am hearing differences in the direction I hook up my interconnect cables between my preamp and power amp. These are custom built solid core silver cables with Eichmann bullet plugs. There is no shield so this is not a case where one end of the cable’s shield is grounded and the other isn’t. 

There are four ways ways to hook them up:
Right: Forward. Left: Forward. 
Right: Backward. Left: Backward
Right: Forward. Left: Backward
Right: Backward. Left: Forward. 

There is no difference in construction between forward and backward, but here are my observations:

When they are hooked up forward/backward there appears to be more airy-ness and what appears to be a slight phase difference. When hooked up forward/forward or backward/backward, the image seems more precise like they are more in phase. The difference between forward/forward and backward/backward is that one seems to push the soundstage back a little bit while the other brings it towards you more. 

What could possibly cause this? Does it have something to do with the way the wire is constructed and how the grains are made while drawn through a die? Am I imagining this? Have I completely lost my mind?
128x128mkgus
Post removed 
@geoffait,

When I was thinking about updating my Blue Jeans Cable interconnects and Monster 14GA speaker wires/cables after reading on such in various forums, @geoffait here on agon was posting about interconnects and speaker wire/cable directionality.

At the time I didn’t think anything of it until I bought used 2 pair of Clear Day Cable RCA interconnects and 2 pair of Clear Day Cable Double Shotgun speaker cable. On the interconnects and speaker cable I noticed a very distinct arrow that I assumed was for directionality from the source to the speaker with the Clear Day Cable Double Shotgun speaker cable and from the source to the integrated amplifier/receiver for the Clear Day Cable RCA interconnects.

I am not a physicist but I reasoned that if directionality is/was important to Paul Laudati, the owner and maker of those wonderful sounding and very cost effective Clear Day Cables, then it’s ok with me.

Paul, has since passed away but I was blessed, to have had a chance to talk to him before his passing.

This, I also know from first hand empirical experiences. When I would burn in speaker wire and interconnects, I could tell the difference between my interconnects and speaker wire, coincidentally being burned in - one direction only - and keeping the burned in interconnects and speaker wire - in that direction - after the settle in period.  Thanks geoffait.

Well, not you, specifically. It’s the editorial “we.” 😬 At this point in time I’m just being Devil’s advocate.

I have the distinct feeling you do a lot more of that than you let on.
Post removed