Brimar vs Mullard cv4003/12AU7

Has anyone heard these two NOS tubes pitted directly against each other.  The virtues of the Mullard are well documented; certain sellers (cough, Upscale) praise the merits of the Brimar to the heavens, and they *are* considerably less expensive.  Thoughts?
128x128twoleftears
I've not tried the Brimar's but immediately chose the Siemens E82cc/12au7 over two different Mullard's, including the CV4003.  I also preferred the Siemens over the Radiotechnique 12au7.
Old thread, but I’ve tried both in a rogue sphinx v2. For me, the mullard’s sounded better...more holographic. They both have good dynamic range and are quiet in my system, but after using the Brimars for a while, I switched back to the Mullards. I’m thinking it might be system dependent though
@bradbort , yes it's system dependent. I'll add that it's component dependent.
I used Mullard longplate square getters from the 1950's for years in a preamp. Also used a Mullard CV4004 as an input tube in my amp.
When I changed to a new amp, I needed more clarity and extension, and the Brimars were a better fit.

I preferred the Brimars on an Octave V80SE integrated.  They were nothing short of glorious.