Is integrated the future for 2 channel audiophiles?

More and more integrated hitting the shelves. Although, there are plenty of dedicated preamps, I have just noticed lots of increased discussions over the past 2 years for integrated amps. 

In general, consumers are downsizing. Baby boomers retiring and going to smaller homes. Millennials and gen z prefer smaller homes as well ( in general - there are always exceptions). 

I think the turntable trendiness has leveled off ( there will always be vinyl fans...I’m talking about the people purchasing because it’s trendy). 

The masses probably favor a/v receivers. However, it seems integrated amp choices has increased quite a bit for 2 channel fans. 

Thoughts?
aberyclark
Yes.  Integrated with dac, streamer, wif, DSP and more. This is indeed the future. 
Integrateds the future? Well my first was 1973. Tried separates, but its just impossible to do as well without spending a lot more. Sorry. Just a fact. So they have been the future for 50 years, at least. You should be more clever and say integrateds are back to the future.