I'm 14 in a detached garage converted into a teenage playground with a waterbed, blacklights, SS Japanese silver behemoths,  and speakers hanging inside nets. Admit it you were there once. Anyone have thoughts on the nets as a viable option for speakers? (Can't believe I remember this....pretty hazy in that garage.) Joe
jpwarren58
Rogers LS3/5A hanging from ceiling, used Dynaco preamp and amp with Van A mods, technics 1200 turntable spinning mobile fidelity Year Of The Cat late at night on a hot thick August night with windows open. Life was great.

Living in a Central Texas cow town; the closest audio of any kind was Radio Shack. Does anybody remember- Good, Better and Best in there catalogs. I had a pair of Optimus 5's hanging in macromae hangers in the corners of my room. Ahh; Boston - More than a feeling.
Sure is a lot of drug use in this forum!  Or "was" I suppose. I missed all the fun, not being old enough. I think "Year of the Cat" was a few years later btw.
Junior in high school thankful the war was ending.   My lottery number made me eligible for the draft.  Had basic stereo.   Don't remember the year, but I was the first one to purchase Framton Comes Alive on 8 track in our small rown.
Graduated HS. listening to Steely Dan, The Who, Jethro Tull, Genesis, Ten Years After, Pink Floyd, Beach Boys on my Dual 1218, Panasonic receiver and Jenson 3-ways with 12 inch woofers. Had a console style cassette deck..forget the manufacturer. Got that system in 72...thanks to a Summer job, making a whopping $2.25/hr.
No black lights or posters...went through that stage at 13-14.
That system lasted until 79 when I got a B&O turntable, Nakamichi 530 receiver, some fancy $600 Yamaha cassette deck and Maggie SMG's.