speaker/stand, couple or isolate?

I've read a lot about floor standing speaker interaction with the floor and whether or not isolation or coupling might be the right approach depending on the type of floor, e.g., concrete, suspending wood floor, etc. I suspect the same rules apply to the speaker and the stand as a unit but what is the common wisdom about how should standmount speakers be placed on the stand, especially the larger/heavier speakers on 4 leg sand/rice filled heavy stands where tip over is not much of a concern. Thanks.
128x128kalali
I experimented with putting a small amount of Blue Tack on the corners between the speakers and the stands and then switched to using the 2"x2"x1" square pads made-up with a layer of cork sandwiched between two layers of rubber. The speaker/stands are on spikes on top of Herbies cone/spike decoupling gliders. The floor is suspended hardwood above full basement. I use these rubber/cork pads under a subwoofer in my other system and electronics with good results.
Obviously an A/B test in realtime was not an option but I played the same tracks at the same volume using those configurations. All I could tell was if I listened closely, the bass notes seemed, and I underscore seemed, a tad better defined. In my case, the speakers weigh roughly 30 lbs. each and the stands weigh about the same filled with rice. The difference might be more noticeable when using smaller/lighter speakers.
Anyway, I think its something worth experimenting with standmount speakers but I wouldn’t expect as dramatic as a difference when compared with how the speaker/stand interacts with the floor, at least this was true in my situation.
Thank you all for your input.

Isolate unless you like the way your floor sounds.   If you notice any vibrations in your room, even just a little, if you jump up and down, your floor is capable of comtributing to the sound. 

If your floor is the concrete foundation at ground level, then no problem. 

Hey Guys 
My experience over the years is that 
tip toes or spikes under the speakers works well on wooden floors,you put them on concrete floors the sounds becomes too lean.
For concrete floors I used very thick maple 
and the sound is more natural and well balanced from top to bottom.

In years gone by, Tekna Sonic dampers for speaker cabinets and subwoofers effectively dissipated cabinet vibrations - with no side effects. Sadly they went belly up 🔝many years ago. The good gnus 🐂 🐂 is that isolating speakers accomplishes the same thing, dissipating cabinet resonances, plus prevents any hint of mechanical feedback 🔙 to the front end electronics. The only good cabinet resonance is a dead resonance ☠️ Speakers are not (rpt not) the same thing as musical instruments. 😬
Expanding the discussion, what about Maggies? Spike or isolate?  I’m thinking of the smaller (LRS, .7, 1.7).  The advantage of non-spikes (my current approach)  is that I can slide the Maggies “out of the way” as my wife says when not listening.  As many of the points made above talk about vibrations in the box, do these arguments apply to Maggies?