Mono Reissues and the Conical Stylus

Hi Folks,

Recently I started buying mono reissues from Speakers Corner, Impex, and have recently ordered a few from Analogphonic. They're all of the 'long haired' variety. In the process, I've come to discovery threads where posters claim that the newer mono reissue grooves are cut in a V (stereo) shape rather than the vintage U (mono) shape.
My AT 33 mono cartridge comes with a conical stylus and from what I can tell, so do the better mono cartridges, i.e. the Miyajima Zero Mono. This of course would then create an issue where it pertains to using a conical stylus in a V shaped groove.

Around November, I plan to purchase a Jelco tonearm for my modified Thorens TD 160 and after that, will be looking to upgrade to a higher end mono cartridge. However, I don't see that they're would be a viable solution to the stylus dilemma given that I will only have one tonearm. I do by the way own a collection of early mono records but would like to find a cartridge that better crosses over between my vintage pressings and my reissues. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
goofyfoot
solypsa, the biggest problem would be installing either on a modified Thorens TD 145 MK1.
Goofyfoot, Ortofon’s description of the Cadenza mono as quoted by you suggests to me that it is a bridged stereo cartridge, based on the Red. Not that there is anything wrong with that. What I don’t like is their ambiguous language.
’An MC cartridge with such stylus must be retipped every 300 hrs.’

According to who and why?

I don’t own 1960’s mono, just earlier (no shellac) and a few reissues.

Regarding the typical life span of the Conical stylus profile you can read online. This is why it is the cheapest profile. It has the shortest life span, that’s it.  For this reason it must be retipped often if it’s your regular cartridge. 

The modern profiles like MicroRidge on any records (including mono) has the longest life span and much better contact area with the groove walls. This is the most expensive and the most accurate profile (well, one of them actually). 
’Regarding the typical life span of the Conical stylus profile you can read online.’
chakster, I’ve never seen this claim, do you have a URL? Some mono cartridges use a conical stylus because it fits the way earlier mono records were cut. The stylus is still a diamond.
Goofyfoot: I would agree with Chakster that conicals are going to wear faster than line contact or microridge styli.

I would not agree, however, that it is necessary to retip all conical styli at the 300 hour mark. There are conicals (cheap) and there are conicals (better quality).

A high quality nude conical like that found on the Denon 103/103R or the AT 33 Mono, for example, is very likely to go into the 850-1000 hour range before needing retipping if playing clean vinyl in good condition and treated properly. At least in my experience.