How I tamed digital glare.

For months I have been trying to eliminate digital glare in the my system, which showed up most noticably in the upper middle frequency vocal range, especially female vocals. I tamed some by replacing the stock fuse in my dac with HifiTuning Supreme Cu on the sage advice of Chris Van Haus of VH Audio, resulting in a significant improvement in tonal density, detail and clarity. So far, so good. Today I lightly dusted the laser lens in my CEC transport with a microfiber cloth and was astonished to discover a substantial improvement! And the laser lens and drive compartment appeared clean to begin with (in a smoke free environment). I tried cleaning contacts, swapping power cords and interconnects, rolling the tube in my MHDT dac, and so forth, but this simple protocol was more effective than any of those experiments. I suppose results may vary as every system is unique, but for me this simple tweak was revelatory: greater clarity and a signifcant reducton of hash. Wish I had thought of tt in the beginning; it would have saved me considerable time and frustration.
pmboyd
I guess none of you is vegan.

I am still wondering how Michael Green is doing. Does anyone know? He has not showed up in a while
Jeez Glupson!

That is akin to rubbing the lamp and the genie pops out and then you cannot get the darn thing to go back in the lamp.

And no vegans here, not that a good cookie should up set any vegan bar the true hardcore fanatics.

Funny, makes me think of Scott Pilgrim........
uberwaltz,

I was aiming at that chocolate in those cookies mentioned above. Speaking of that, Sacher torte over cookies any time. Triple that for Imperial torte, even if it technically is not a torte at all.
Nonoise - thank you for the tip on High Fidelity MC 0.5 Power Conditioner! Have been running the ‘magnet’ in both of my systems for a week now - glare is gone at higher volumes and midrange detail is improved to the point of being striking.

Thanks again

tom8999
tom8999, I can’t take full credit as others here who have gone before me have praised the MC-0.5. Only after awhile, when the dust has settled and folk like lowrider57 gave his impressions, that I thought I’d try it out.
This stuff is the real deal.

All the best,
Nonoise