Researching value of two pairs of hi-end speakers

I am inquiring about two pairs of extremely valuable loudspeakers, both of which belonged to the late great recording engineer Stan Ricker, who is known to everyone in the profession. On behalf of his daughter, who is now owner, i am researching their possible market value as she intends to sell them to an audio enthusiast who will put them to good use. I seek professional advice as to a reasonable asking price, and especially a realistic minimum. All components appear to be in excellent condition.

Two tall triaxial speakers are custom made (no brand name) and comprise one of only two pairs that were ever manufactured (the other pair was purchased by Barbara Streisand): Each box is 49" high with 17" x 20" square tops for each (42" across the top for the two side by side) with 16" diameter ports. There are subwoofer, coax and 12V DC jacks on the back, with a port 12" in diameter. E-mail for images [email protected]

The other pair consists of mid-size six-sided Electrovoice speakers, labeled "The Aristocrat." Each is 19" across the top. 16.5" back to front, 28" from bottom ledge to top, with a 2" high foot beneath the ledge. The foot is 17.5" across. The open back is 28" high by 5" across. E-mail for images [email protected]

Any help is deeply appreciated. -- Rob Shaw

rickerfan
Thanx for the reference! BTW, the large custom speakers were made by Sam Saye of ESD Acoustics a few years ago to Stan's specifications. As noted, only two pairs were manufactured.
Just took a peek at the ESD Acoustics site. Wow!
http//www.esdacoustics.com/index.php/about.html
Would really help if you could post a photo of the speakers here. 
From what I have seen on the ESD site they must be something very special.
The EV Aristocrats most popular configuration was with SP12B 12" triaxial speakers, although some featured the heavier-duty SP-12 triax's.
If Jensen speakers were substituted they probably are similar to the two Electro-Voices.  Some prefered the sound of the Jensens over the EV's.

The EV's sell in the range of $3500-4500 per pair when sold on eBay, depending on cabinet condition and speakers included.
I forgot to add ... the Aristocrats are corner horns and only develop their full potential of bass when placed in a corner.  So room dimension and listening positions become even more critical than usual.

Even so, don't expect bass to extend below about 45hz from these things.