CAN YOU OVERPOWER A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT

Using a PS AUDIO Xstream Statement SC Power Cord on my vintage Marantz SA-8001 CD player ( as well as my JOB INT) - and have been told that that cord is designed for use with power amps, not other equipment: true? can/could I damage my CD player if I continue to use this cord into it?
insearchofprat
If the cord fits the socket, it is safe. A standard C-13/C-14 cord is rated at up to 15-amps when plugged into a 120 volt outlet -- matters not if it is hooked up to an amplifier, CD player or computer.
I no longer use my sa-8001  due to replacing it with a sa-14s1 which is much more up to date technology wise and more then twice the price but not that much of an improvement sonically. Which just tells me what a great player and great value that sa-8001 was. I'm eventually going to use it in a second system someday. 
... kevinkoc64: you are a truly astute audiophile; please contact me if you ever decide to part with your SA-8001... MY  SUGGESTION TO YOU: ALTHOUGH IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO GET , but if you can find a JOB INC - hook the CD up, happily toggle between the DAC in the Marantz and (with an optical cable, using the Marantz as a transport) the DAC in the JOB. YOU WILL/MAY NEVER NEED ANYTHING MORE...