beryllium vs diamond

Hi guys, today's technology has brought us a new type of tweeter made of diamond or beryllium. Do you know what are the strengths and weaknesses of diamond vs beryllium? Which one is the more expensive? Has today's dome tweeter better resolving power than the venerable electrostat? Jim Thiel once said that dynamic designs will be getting better all the time and will probably surpass electrostatic designs.
dazzdax
Kosst - I did. That speaker is universally deemed bright and I found it and every other paradigm product I have ever heard to be bright. But, that has been there house sound since the beginning of time.

Off topic, but it is amazing how much warmer my old amplifiers sound vs. my newer gear. I have tube amps from three companies and all are more neutral / brighter than my old Carver SS gear or older Marantz, Pioneer and Kenwood receivers I have heard recently. Not sure if it is the age of equipment or if the definition of neutral has shifted through time. My Carver gear was just refurbished so I am less persuaded it is age.

Incidentally, my old Infinity Kappa 8.1s which had an electrostatic tweeter sounded great being driven by the Carver dear. Driven by a Rogue power amp, I think I would want to take an ice-pick to my ears they are so bright. Maybe speakers were generally brighter back then like the Infinity's.  

Maybe the definition of neutral neutral hasn't shifted but the average amplifier was warmer and the average speaker brighter.  Now we have more choice, better tweeters, etc... and now speakers and amps have both shifted to be more neutral.  

I have not done extensive listening of vintage gear and I only really  done serious, critical listening tests for past 10 years on gear so I am not claiming expertise in this space.  Just idle speculation.  
verdantaudio
... my old Infinity Kappa 8.1s which had an electrostatic tweeter sounded great ...
That didn't come from the factory with an electrostatic tweeter. Did you modify the speaker and add one to the system?
Sloppy on my part.  You are right.  The EMIT R is a ribbon super tweeter rather than an electrostat.  
verdantaudio
The EMIT R is a ribbon super tweeter rather than an electrostat. 
No, I'm pretty sure the Infinity EMITs weren't ribbons, either.
I have seen the original EMIT described as a single ended ribbon and the EMIT-R as a radial ribbon or a "leaf tweeter"  I have never heard of a "leaf tweeter" and can't say that I know what that is.   People who have old stock refer to the EMIT-R as a radial ribbon.  

If they aren't a ribbon, I would love to know what they actually are.  Can you please explain?