Anyone have experience with the new ELAC DDP-2?

I've been seeing tiny bits of news about the ELAC DDP-2 streaming DAC since early last year and only recently has it become available online at a few retailers.  However, there isn't a single review of it that I can find anywhere.  With previous Audio Alchemy products getting great reviews, I can assume a certain level of quality nearly enough to go out on a limb and buy it for a 30-day trial, but I wanted to see if anyone has already taken that leap of faith.

From what I've read it combines the external DC power supply of the DDP-1 internally and uses AKM DACs in a balanced setup with onboard DSD and MQA decoding, upsampling, Spotify Connect and Roon and a headphone amp.

Anyone?
rickallen81
@aberyclark 
I agree.. I think these two DACs have similar price points and functionality... would also like to read about some listening impressions
I’ll chime in as the owner of a DDP-1 with separate PS-5 upgrade power supply.  The DDP-1 was initially recommended to me as being of exceptionally good audio quality, especially considering its price point.  The fellows who recommended it do ultra ultra high end audio installations and really know good audio.  
I have a pretty nice old-fashioned stereo setup headed by Quad ESL-63 Speakers and I had just added the Naim Uniti Core for a music streamer when I bought the DDP-1.  I needed a DAC in between the Naim and my Integrated amp.  They were right - the audio is phenomenally good!
I just noticed ad ad in a catalog for the DDP-2 and looked for a review and found this thread instead.  I was amused by the comments about how plain the box looks.   I liked it a lot because it doesn’t shout at me like the DDP-1 does.  That u-g-l-y external design is the ONLY thing I don’t like on the DDP-1.  The new DDP-2 will have a lot to beat to sound better than the DDP-1.
I am just about to audition a $20k DAC and I’ll be surprised if it sounds a lot better than the DDP-1.
I’m no expert but I think the streamer built into the DDP-2 must have been designed to appeal to first timers to streaming.  I don’t think it will turn out to be a good marketing choice, especially without great software to back it up.  And even then, separates are almost certainly a better idea.  

If you don't mind used... I saw a DDP-1 with the PS-5 power supply for around $1400 just recently. It's either here or audio mart. It really is a great sounding DAC
One thing I do appreciate about the physical design is the slim profile. One could easily stack on top of a cd player, etc. The DDP-2 may actually turn out to be the biggest bang for the buck.