Turntable leveling

Pardon the possible obtuseness of the question, but - in the opinion of forum readers - how important to sound quality, LP and stylus wear is having my turntable precisely level? Try as I might, I can't get it <2 degrees from absolutely horizontal measuring with the Levlx iOS app though it looks good with a bubble gauge. I've looked online and I can't find a consensus opinion on this matter though I know the more level the better.
Thanks in advance,Keith
kacomess
I would trust a decent spirit level far more than any mobile phone app.  "Decent" being any spirit level bought in a hardware shop or such, rather than a $0.95 one bought on eBay and shipped from China.
Same thing goes for CD players, but the top of CD players may or may not be the same level as the spinning disc. 
I have a pretty decent setup which satisfies my commercial grade bubble level. One day I was adjusting something -the thing is HEAVY- and the front right cone fell over. I set the table back on the fallen cone which caused the table to tilt to one side by about 1/4 inch. I played a few LPs and didn't notice anything particularly out of kilter. Which is nuts... because I can detect 0.25mm VTA! It's all relative.
Thanks, everybody! My blind trust in a free "high tech" phone app may be misplaced. I'll trust the bubble level even though it's a cheap one. Maybe I can borrow a better quality one just to check.
Keith
noromance
... because I can detect 0.25mm VTA
Not likely, especially because common LPs aren't flat within .25mm. If you're convinced you can hear a deviation that slight, it suggests that your stylus may be chipped or damaged. That could account for your claim.