Is the Esoteric P03/D03 still relevant?

Don't mean to be asking a dumb question, but I have no actual experience in Esoteric.

Is the P03/D03 still a good source to buy today? Say if I wanted to use it as a cdp and as a dac for my network? Or am I better off buying some of the newer less pricey (when new) single box esoterics?

Thanks!
joey_v
Perhaps what Joey_v is trying to get here is some feedback whether to buy P03/D03
combo or its newer one box brethren say K-01x or K-03x assuming similar price point -
used for former, and new unit the later. Also if the older combo's sound is comparatively
still relevant in current state of digital.
A friend owns a discontinued (x-3?) CD player which sounds great. Detailed yet non fatiguing as mentioned above. The analog circuitry remains superior even if the dac chip is old. Lack of a digital input limits flexibility in his unit. YMMV
well, owner bias may well play a part here... but I listen to my P-03, D-03, G-0Rb on a daily basis... It is a highly musical and engaging product.

I also use the D-03 with a Human Audio Tabla USB/SPDIF converter and get terrific sound from my Mac server...

All things considered- sound quality, build quality, durability, etc., short of the newer P-02/D-02 combination, I'm not sure I've heard another digital source I'd readily trade it for.

Contrary to some of Esoteric's popular reputation, the P-03 D-03 has a warm and musical tonal balance, with sufficient inner detail to be a real contender in my book...

Hope this is helpful.