Recommended receiver for HT

I plan to downsize from Bryston SP-3 processor and Parasound amps to a single receiver for HT. The speakers would be KEF T301 fronts; LS50s are side and rear; subs are pairs of Velodyne HGS-15s and HGS-10s with SMS-1 bass management. Sources are Cox TV, Ayre DX-5 DSD, and perhaps Oppo 205 or 105D. Stereo music is a separate setup. I’ve been out of the receiver market for decades, so I’m seeking recommendations for a used receiver at moderate cost.
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd
Hello DB,

Pairs of subs is fine but keeping them balanced as left and right pairs is not important, there's no such thing as stereo bass below 100 Hz.  I've previously explained this in detail on another thread, if you want to read it I can find it and send you a link. 
     I suggest you run all your subs in mono mode and try and to find your third HGs-10 because having a total of four subs in your DBA is important.

Later,
Tim
noble100
... there's no such thing as stereo bass below 100 Hz ...
That's a common misnomer and easily disproved, especially at frequencies as high as 100 hZ. But there can be stereo bass even at much lower frequencies, and that's because of phase.
Hello cleeds,

We all are unable to localize deep bass frequency soundwaves, that is determine where the sound is coming from, that are below about 100 Hz but we're very good at localizing higher frequency soundwaves in the remainder of the audible spectrum, from about 100 to 20,000 Hz.
    This is the reason there's no such thing as 'true stereo' deep bass and why the bass is summed to mono on frequencies below 100 Hz on all vinyl and cd recordings. If you doubt this, try to find a single vinyl or cd recording that is not summed to mono. This means it's pointless to configure subs in a stereo configuration with one located by the left main speaker and one by the right.
    However, thanks to psychoacoustics and our remarkable brains, it is possible to create the perception of stereo bass in our systems. Here's how it works:
    Whether you use 2, 3 or 4 subs, run them in mono and optimize the bass at your listening seat. The bass below 100 Hz won't be able to be localized but there are bass harmonics or overtones of the deep bass fundamental frequency that extend into higher frequencies that are reproduced by the main stereo speakers and can be localized. Our brains are able to associate the fundamental deep bass frequency reproduced by the subs, that are not able to be localized, with the deep bass's higher harmonic frequencies, that extend well beyond 100 Hz, which are reproduced by the main speakers that are able to be localized. This psychoacoustic association allows us to localize the deep bass in the soundstage, for example the kick drum is located in the rear center and the upright bass is located in the front to the left, which would not be otherwise possible without this psychoacoustic association our brain's are capable of.  

noble100
We all are unable to localize deep bass frequency soundwaves, that is determine where the sound is coming from, that are below about 100 Hz .
This is mistaken, and with the right system can easily be demonstrated.
there's no such thing as 'true stereo' deep bass and why the bass is summed to mono on frequencies below 100 Hz on all vinyl and cd recordings.
Bass below 100hZ is not summed to mono on all recordings. Not even close. And when it is summed for LP pressings, it's not because " there's no such thing as 'true stereo' deep bass."
If you doubt this, try to find a single vinyl or cd recording that is not summed to mono.
Done.
I realized with a bit more afterthought that I had setup the subs incorrectly by using two Velodyne SMS-1 bass managers.  The outputs from the preamp need go through a single SMS-1 so it can provide acoustic room correction for the total sub configuration.

I don't have a stake in the debate about whether stereo is perceived below 100 Hz.  I was concerned about differences in level between the two channels, a concern probably not well founded.

db