The Golden era of Japanese integrated amps, are we missing out?

Maybe it’s just me but.....
I just threw together an el cheapo system with a Sansui A-2100 integrated at its heart and diminutive Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers.

And I still cannot get over just how good and right it sounds.... All for $240 total shipped!

So this got me thinking about the golden era of Japanese equipment and while tuners , tape decks and turntables appear to have large followings and a large knowledge and fan base, I do not get the same vibe on integrated amps?

Are there devotees of these amps out there?
I very rarely hear anybody talking about them and so many can be picked up for peanuts, I mean $75 shipped in perfect working order and decent cosmetics( and built in mm phono to boot!).
Are they likely to be the next " big thing" or?

Thoughts?
128x128uberwaltz
I use a recapped Accuphase E-303x, and it is outstanding. Not easy to find, nor cheap, but beautiful, and a pleasure to listen to. Oh, and built like a tank.
Glenne.

Glad i am not alone on discounting a lot of golden era speakers.

I firmly believe that area has made huge strides in most cases.

Old cones and surrounds and crossovers to some extent , just do not age gracefully.

My fave is the kenwood kr9600 . It absolutely rocks . I had two, i gave my brother in law one . He lives across the street , we live on acreages. I have one in my garage he has one in his . He gets in a mood and cranks a set of jbl cf150s , i can hear it in my house. Mine runs a set of jbl L100T3 . 160 w/ch . I never shut it off ever , been running for years. Theyre huge as far as receivers go , and heavy .  
There has always been a small group that prefers vintage electronics, but usually refurbished with old caps replaced...
Do you have a link to anything with that amplifier? Google search just does not come up with amplifier model 2100.

jl35,

"And techs to recap?"
https://www.qrxrestore.com/services/