Best amp for Sonus Faber Amati Anniversario?

Hi,

I have just purchased a pair of SF Amati Anniversario to replace my Tannoy TD12's and rreally wanted to know what a great amp wold be for them my maximum budget would be $20k I have heard they arre quite hard to partner and somme owners have gone through many amps beffore finding sommething ideal. Thanks for your help. Tim
chatnoirmeow
Hi Janeb, I will get a pre amp to match the power amp, the room is about 4.5m wide and 6m long. I really like a lot of differnet music, a lot of vocals, piano even Kings of Leon, Massive Attack, House and elecctronic. Thanks for your help :)
Thanks for all the tips, I'm actually in Australia and some of these brands are hard to get. One of the local Audio guys has suggested VTL Reference 185's with a VTL 6.5 pre amp any thoughts on that set up? He also has a pair of Golmund 400's but at $40K second hand is a bit rich for me? Any thougts on US solid state like Levinnson, Bryston or Classe? They are easier to get here althoguh cost far mmore than if purchsed state side :( Or even Electrocompaniet?

Cheers,

Tim
Tim,
I would suggest, like Kops, that if you have a chance, to listen to the CAT
preamp and amps. They really are the cat's meow( pun intended).
Otherwise, you might consider one of the Jeff Rowland products or maybe the ARC Ref 110 or 200 along with their Ref 5 Preamp. Levinson, Bryston or Classe would not be on my top list.
Tim
Since you're in Australia I guess it's easy to get 2xPlinius sa103 or 2xsa250mkIV
with a tube preamp like Arc REf3 or ref5 or even better Viva Linea xp and it will
be a good match [if you get Plinius use rca connections so Viva is prefered this
way]

Of course it is still better to find CAT monoblocks with cat preamp or Viva
preamp which is the key to total satisfaction.
Thanks everyone for the tips and advice! A dealer friend offered me a good deal on Plinius SA 103 out of the blue so I think I will give them ago, they look pretty cool too! I'll be sure to drop a line here when they are set up after a few hours of listening. Thanks again.

Cheers Tim :)