Cary 300SEI w/Harbeth P3SR or Spendor SA-1?

Yes, I know everyone says these great minimonitors need lots of juice! But my Cary drives my Spendor 1/2s in my well-damped small office (10 x 12 x 8) near-field set-up absolutely splendid. I have integrated an ACI sub to augment the low end. Sitting so close to the speakers (7 feet away), I listen only moderately loud at most. (If I want to crank it, I go downstairs to the SP100s!)

I might be moving the 1/2s to a different room, and would love to try the above speakers -- but only if I felt the 12 wpc SET magic would make either speaker "sing." In the room, I listen to small scale classical, Chopin, Buddy Miller, and bluegrass!

Thanks for opinions!
jdmeyers77
Both the SA-1 and P3SR are less efficient than your larger SP1/2E. (SP1/2 is 88 dB at 1 watt, the SA-1 is 85 dB and the P3ESR is 83.5 dB according to specs.)

Assuming you are reasonably accurate about your maximum desired volume you'll probably be OK, but it will take more from the Cary amps than now needed to reach the same volume.

You might want to invest in a $50 sound level meter from Radio Shack to get an idea of your real listening volume in the room. A lot of people over and under-estimate how loud they listen.
It is not about SPL level.
The real problem is dynamic congestion & lack of nuance.
The transients would be dull, the highs filtered & the midrange would not open.
The transparent live event would be absent.
The rythm, timing & soundstage maybe not.
But this is not the proper way to proceed if you accept loosing all those precious values form the start.
I would prefer a Proac Response 1SC

George