beryllium vs diamond

Hi guys, today's technology has brought us a new type of tweeter made of diamond or beryllium. Do you know what are the strengths and weaknesses of diamond vs beryllium? Which one is the more expensive? Has today's dome tweeter better resolving power than the venerable electrostat? Jim Thiel once said that dynamic designs will be getting better all the time and will probably surpass electrostatic designs.
dazzdax
@elizabeth I really want to hear magnepans. Any recommendation for a specific model? This is for small to moderate size rooms.
Post removed 
Show the links then seeing your soooo animated about it.
I was more referring to Yamaha anyway, many models 1000 1000m 1000x 2000  2000x were a hoax saying they were Beryllium, when they were just vapour deposited coatings over plastic domes.
 Elizabeth, A Be tweeter won’t kill you. Unless you planned on grinding up 5 or 6 of them and snorting them.... 🙄
smodtactical141 posts07-15-2019 12:58am@ctsooner those carbon tweeters on the Vandys look extremely appealing. You make it sound like they have the detail of a magico but the ease of a Wilson ?

To my ears, as well as many I know, the Vandersteen’s put you a third of the way back in Orchestra in the middle seat. They are also near or full range (depending on your model).

Not trying to turn this into a commercial though.

I searched to find out if some tweeters are 100% Be with no substrate, but the best I found was ’Be Foil’. Either way, you are trying to get pure piston movement of all speakers (dynamic).