Comments/opinions on Monitor Audio PL200's

Has anyone heard Monitor Audio’s Platinum PL200 speakers and if so, any comments/opinions on them would be greatly appreciated. The speakers got a good review in the April 2010 issue of Stereophile. They’re not cheap at $8000 a pair. How might they compare with the new Nautilus 803 Diamonds which are 10,000 a pair?
hobbyist_and_reader
I didn't particularly care for the PL200s, but I didn't spend much time with them. However their big brother the PL300 sounds pretty darn good. I would think a dealer would let the PL300 go at about 8k. They sounded good on almost every type of music I tested out. They would get a little confused with a bit of ringing in the bass and mid bass notes when you play something like Nirvana through them. The ribbon tweeter may be the finest tweeter ever made.

The require good electronics though!! I think the B&Ws are more forgiving.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for your response. I currently have a pair of B&W Nautilus 804's and was thinking of upgrading my speakers.
I have also heard that PL200 are not as good as PL300. I have not heard PL 200 myself though. Question is probably how large room you have, if small, like mine, you'll need to address acoustics. They are very good for all types of music. They work terrific for nearfield also, without any of the typical traits. Coherency is very very good. Better than usual with ribbon speakers. The other drivers copes more than well with the ribbons. They will not need large power amps. If you have questions regarding PL 300, i can try sort some out for you. They are probably underrated. There are some tweaks you could use to make these sound even way better. They will totaly adapt to electronics, acoustics and placement. IMO, that proves the potential.
I have put quite some time to make mine come into full bloom:)
Thanks for your input. I have Bryston equipment: 4B SST amp (300 watts per channel)& BP26 pre-amp. My room is 17x14 feet. I do not play music very loud. I was afraid the PL300 would be too big for my room. I have never heard a pair of Monitor Audio speakers. When you say they will totally adapt to electronics, acoustics, and placement, does that mean they are not finicky in those regards.