Original Blue Notes vs Reissues

I am trying to understand the hype with original Blue Notes sounding better than say Music Matters, Classic Records Reissues, or Tone Poets reissues.  I have many originals and I am trying to figure out other than the collectibility of the record, the Original Blue Notes really just different sounding, certainly not better than the newer reissues mentioned above.  Unless you can get the original for about 20 bucks, I see no reason to spend thousands of dollars on originals.  Most of the time, they are not as good  anyways, noisy, and not in the best shape yet many really push those older pressings, why?  Other than collectibility, why?
tzh21y
In the original vinyl era, stampers would make 15,000 copies of a record. These days they rarely make more then 3000. I run a record label that used to go through Warner’s, I remember being in the lowest floor of the building and seeing someone working in a studio there. There weren’t really studios in the Warner offices so I asked what he was doing. He was making new masters from notes from the mastering lab of the original records master as they had gone through all their metal parts and needed to make new sets. No original producer or artists in attendance. 
I understand what people are hearing on the originals.  the sense of space that new tapes give is something that most of the time you will only get on the earlier pressings.  However, many are very noisy and the newer quality reissues are very good, maybe a more up front presentation, but very enjoyable and I do not have to empty my bank account.  However, for the not so popular Blue notes and if you want that more spacious sound, even the blue notes from the early seventies are pretty good at getting you that perspective of the recording.  Those can still be had at reasonable prices if you want to put the time in.
"How many copies of each original Blue Note record do you have?
What is the greatest number of copies of the same original record you have compared?"

If I need 10 copies of a given recording thats a problem.  Just as withthe original blue notes, the Music matters, for example I had two copies of Sonny Clarke Struttin.  The one was defective and had to be sent back.  The one I received that replaced it was much better all around so I gues if want to spend 5 to 10 grand over a period of years to get the best Hank Mobley Original, all the power to you.
I buy sealed original issue lp’s on Ebay mostly. There is a seller on there right now that has listed over 800 sealed older records. I just bought 24 of them for $398 bucks. To me it was a bargain. I once bought 10 sealed original issue julie london records from one seller for $110! If you spend time looking, you can score sealed unplayed gold. My personal experience in buying records is that the originals or even 2nd 3rd pressings sound better than any reissue. The only problems I sometimes encounter is the seller misrepresents an excellent or near mint record...then I have to contact seller and either return it or get a partial refund. I sometimes have found sealed or near unplayed records at my local thrift type store. He typically cleans out 1/2 a dozen or more attics or estates every few weeks and has an influx of rare records available. Some are beat up, but some look to be never touched! The best part? He charges $1 per record!
Post removed