Original Blue Notes vs Reissues

I am trying to understand the hype with original Blue Notes sounding better than say Music Matters, Classic Records Reissues, or Tone Poets reissues.  I have many originals and I am trying to figure out other than the collectibility of the record, the Original Blue Notes really just different sounding, certainly not better than the newer reissues mentioned above.  Unless you can get the original for about 20 bucks, I see no reason to spend thousands of dollars on originals.  Most of the time, they are not as good  anyways, noisy, and not in the best shape yet many really push those older pressings, why?  Other than collectibility, why?
tzh21y
Post removed 
Reissues of original Blue Notes are fine if they are remastered in the analog domain. Sadly these days the trend is for old analog tapes to be cut from digital files. This is anathema for the serious collecter! One might as well just buy a CD or stream! Hence the rising prices for the dwindling supplies of original LP pressings of all musical genres! To paraphrase Gertrude Stein, there just appears to be more "there" there in those old grooves!
I will gladly pay more (within reason) for original pressings - as long as they aren't too beat up!
Sadly some (like T.P. of Better Records) have realized the attraction of original pressings and have contrived to gin up the prices for once common musical fare.