Musicians in your living room vs. you in the recording hall?

When it comes to imaging, soundstage and mimicking a recorded presentation, which do you prefer?
Do you want to hear musicians in your living room, or do you want to be transported to the space where the musicians were?
erik_squires
Anyone who knows about music fundamentals, are aware of the 4 important characteristics necessary for the accurate reproduction of music reproduction, and it’s sounds. These 4 specific qualities are, in no particular order : ( 1 ) Dynamics; ( 2 ) Pitch; ( 3 ) Tone color; and ( 4 ) Duration. Whether in a home environment, an audio system, or actual, playing musicians, or a live venue ( non amplified ), it is wonderful to experience all 4, in order for me, at least, to appreciate the performance. Of course, over time, words such as imaging, sound staging (depth, height, width ), localization, prat, you get the idea, have all been terms created by audiophiles, such as Harry Pearson, and others. I am not questioning the importance of Eric’s initial post, but, with our ear / brain ability to pick up on the direction and orientation of sounds ( and yes, noises, all pressurized vibrations we pick up with our ears ), gives us the ability to hear all of what has been discussed here in this conversation, and so many other conversations. As we are all different and individual from one another, as we all listen and hear differently, as we all have our own " perceptions " as to what is important, and / or real, as we all have different experiences and backgrounds, I have to agree with goeffkait, as to " what is the difference ". We are all correct, as long as we continue on our journey, and can find happiness and enjoyment, with whatever music listening endeavors we experience. Enjoy ! MrD.
Transported is the ideal option in YOUR MUSIC ROOM! Your room is not a CONCERT HALL- but the PROGRAM MATERIAL- Speakers and components can bring you a sensory/ audible impression of the hall . Plain, simple and precise!
Reviews for July: The Sound Advocate ( https://www.thesoundadvocate.com
DALI Oberon 7 loudspeakers (new) ...Tellurium Q black 2 Speaker Cables...,Peachtree Nova 300 Amp- circa 2019.... CIA passive Preamp/ 200 watt power amp 
WATCH OUR SITE!!
hm1
Transported is the ideal option in YOUR MUSIC ROOM! Your room is not a CONCERT HALL- but the PROGRAM MATERIAL- Speakers and components can bring you a sensory/ audible impression of the hall . Plain, simple and precise!

You’re kidding, right? 😳
My system is capable of both. I want both, depending on what the musicians and engineers intended. An example of 'up close and personal' is Radiohead's recording of 'King of Limbs', a live recording done in The Basement, with just the band and engineers.