Reasonable high end interconnects: without breaking the bank

I am in the process of updating my audio equipment and have realized my interconnects are probably not up to snuff; I use the ones provided by the manufacturers.  My current set up includes a Leben cs600 amplifier, California audio lab Icon Mark II CD player, Linn Akurate Streamer, Feikert Volare Table and Spendor SP1 speakers ( in final stages of upgrade to either Audio Note E, Devore O93 or Joseph Profile).  I have been investigating interconnects and have a bit of sticker shock.  So any suggestions on interconnects that won't  bankrupt me?  Is silver truly preferable to copper with respect to resolution and detail?
Thanks
MP

mpomerantz
Darwin cables did it for me. Haven't given a thought about cables since I changed over to them
Yes, check their deals on their website. Highly recommended

I remember reading good things here about Duelund interconnects, $100-$200 budget if I'm remembering correctly.
Another vote for audio sensibility, just read all the knowledge in their Web, really good cables and prices 
I can also recommend Audio Sensibilty. I have two of his top power cords the Signature and they are really good with a full and smooth sound across the whole frequency spectrum. I read a revue of his top speaker cable and it is supposed to be just killer. I would bet that his interconnects are awfully good too. Stephen the owner is also a super nice guy to deal with and he offers 30 day free trial period!  Teo audio also has excellent interconnects and I would say even their least expensive model can compete with those from other manufacturers that are much more costly.  I actually use Teo Double Double Ultra which is a fantastic high end cable using the Schroeder Method, there is the thread here in the cable forum covering it, that is a wonderful cable that I probably wouldn't replace for a long time. Taras and Ken at Teo are very  nice and  knowledgable guys....I believe they still offer 30 day trial period too.

I will add my vote for signalcable.com. Very reasonable, made to spec, in-home trials. Impossible to go wrong. I added his top end power cable to my B&W 800ASW and the improvement was instantaneous and dramatic. And as to the other question, yes, silver matters, at least to my ears. Linn blacks are a fine budget IC, but Linn silvers sound ethereal.