Rogue audio RP-7 versus PS Audio BHK preamplifier

I have an old Rogue Audio Super Magnum 99 tube preamplifier that I will be replacing in the not too far future. I really liked the sound of the magnum 99 except for the tube hiss. It’s not audible when playing music but still bothers me, particularly when the volume is low. It also constructs the soundstage, an effect that is evident when I connect the external DAC directly to the amplifier. 

from what I read both of these models should be a significant improvement over the magnum 99. I am wondering if anyone who have heard them both has any opinions/thoughts on how they compare.

benjosef1
I auditioned the RP-7 for a weekend.  Superb!  It absolutely blew away the Parasound I had (I promptly sold it).  I returned the RP-7 when I found an LS27 used - which sounds fantastic, but I think the RP-7 sounded better to be quite honest.  I am happy with LS27 and service has been very responsive.  I have never auditioned the BHK stuff.  The prima luna stuff I have heard is MEH.
@benjosef1 - I can fix the issue with  the Rogue and offer upgrades if you are interested.  I just finished two last week.
Thanks bigkidz. My mind is pretty set on replacing the super magnum 99 at this time. Although, I am curious about the reliability of Rogue. It worked fine for 10 years but in the past 3-5 years I had to return it 3 times for various malfunctions.

It's another factor on my mind when I consider the two replacement options - the RP-7 versus the BHK preamp from PS Audio
I auditioned the BHK, but did not buy it.  I was mainly interested in the PS Audio trade in discounts, but that wasn't enough to seal the deal after hearing it in my space. It was good, but it seemed to make my system sound a bit brighter than I expected. I am currently am using an RP-7 with good success.  The RP-7 is a much nicer sounding unit in my system.  No overt brightness, but it's not as "tubey" as I was anticipating. It is like it isn't there at all. I have had no reliability issues so far.  I did have a power failure not long ago which required a reboot, but other than that, it has been a really great pre for me thus far.  My only complaint is that it has a really large case, and so I couldn't fit it in my equipment rack.  Luckily I had an extra shelf space, so I used that and rearranged my stacks to make it work.  

My 2 cents worth. 
Thanks irrenartz. I too am interested in PS Audio’s trade in, hence inquiring about the bhk preamp. May I ask what other equipment you use in your system to get a better sense of the brightness of sound you mentioned?