Speakers better than Revel Salon 2

In all my searching of speakers the ones that keep coming up as a gold standard for great sound are the Revel Salon 2. They are also 10 years old so I figure there are speakers that are better. I propose 4 tiers of suggestions (common used price or msrp):

1) Speakers that are in the same ballpark price of the Salon 2. Say $10-20k.
2) Speakers that are more pricey: $20-50k
3) Speakers that are very pricey: $50k-$100k
4) Eye twitch Speakers: $100k+

Please only make suggestions if you have heard the Salon 2 yourself. Thanks!
smodtactical
I believe the Revels have a low sensitivity which may explain why they sound different in various systems.

ozzy
Revel Salons were on my short list. First Gen pair came up for sale but the seller convinced me there was something wrong with the deal. The others on my list we're Vander 5's, legacy Aeris, eggleston Andra, basically all 225 pounds speakers. All speakers that should not need a subwoofer. Theoretically there is a big difference between a 12" woofer and 3 x 8" woofers.
So you really wonder which ones deliver in the 20-35hz range.
In my opinion you can't go wrong with any of them.
Then if you want to go down a step to the 100 lbs speakers ya got gershman avante garde, totem wind and maybe green mountain, all good room fillers with respectable bottom given the right room.
@lexicon Wow Im surprised the Tannoy Ardens beat the Salon 2! 

@jacksky Legacy aeris interests me, also whisper and above.

I wonder about Magico A3, S3 mk2 also vs salon 2.

The only problem I ever have with teh Legacy's are their tipped up high end.  I like the Revels better, but that's my ear.  I'm a Vandy owner and don't like a tipped up tweeter.  I love the Tidal speakers, but have always heard them in a perfect set up with matching gear and electrical, lol.