Tidal WiFi not as good as cd

Hi all,

Trying out tidal hifi and noticed that the same music airplayed to my dac is not as good as my CD ripped to the computer and airplayed to the same dac. Almost sounds like a lossy file. Am I doing something wrong or is this what is to be expected because of streaming. Not exactly sure what Roon is but heard it should make tidal streams better. If so, would it still be worse than ripped CDs?  

jaferd
Thank u all for all ur inputs. What I don't understand is if only data i.e. 1s and 0s are being transmitted, why does it matter whether it's airplay, pc, iPad or a dedicated streamer. Shouldn't they all stream the data effectively to the dac? Shouldn't the sq be all the same if indeed only the data is what's being streamed? 
Oh my, everything matters in digital audio front ends. Everything. It all makes a sonic difference from ethernet cables to LAN switches to DC power supplies and on and on....

We are dealing with many things including noise and timing issues.
It could be just a volume issue.  Just a few decibels louder sounds better in almost all cases.
Willgolf nailed it - you need a dedicated streamer (I use a LUMIN D1) and your Tidal HiFi with MQA encoded files will beat any CD. You have to hardwire from your router to the LUMIN and your quality issues are gone. I have been streaming for over 5 years with minimal headaches.

Happy listening!
My good friend, who also design's analog and digital products uses Tidal via hard-wired directly to his Innuos ZENith music-server from his internet-modem as well as via his house A/C line.  Doesn't use it via WiFi.  The music-server is connected via USB to his DAC.  We have loaded exact copies of CD's into the music-server, then listened and compared to the exact same CD via streaming from Tidal, and there is a subtle, but noticeable difference. The loaded CD sounds a smidge quieter, possesses more micro-detail, and just sounds more-real than either from the direct internet connection, or the direct connection via the A/C wiring.  I have also experienced the same results with my set-up too, and I use QoBuz.  The quality between direct connection from the internet-modem is also slightly better than the A/C internet connection to the music-server, although less noticeable than listening from the loaded CD.  This is all in CD-quality format.  I have not tried this comparison with Hi-Res music down-loaded to the music-server versus streaming, however I believe it would have similar results.  One other thing...  In comparison to my dedicated PC with all solid-state memory running the latest JRiver software, the Innuos ZENith music-server beats the PC hands-down !