Tidal WiFi not as good as cd

Hi all,

Trying out tidal hifi and noticed that the same music airplayed to my dac is not as good as my CD ripped to the computer and airplayed to the same dac. Almost sounds like a lossy file. Am I doing something wrong or is this what is to be expected because of streaming. Not exactly sure what Roon is but heard it should make tidal streams better. If so, would it still be worse than ripped CDs?  

jaferd
Wifi is yet another piece of the puzzle which needs to be sorted properly, starting with your IP, of course. A moderately fast speed is more than enough to stream high res audio. (If you can stream Netflix, Hulu, or some other video service then your speed is beyond adequate.) Then, if you have crappy wifi coverage a mesh router is a great solution. You can even go wired from a mesh point as I do with my microRendu, allowing for some flexibility with ethernet-in devices. Once your wifi is sorted you will be hard-pressed to hear a difference between it and wired. I've used both Tidal MQA and Qobuz 24/192 streams without issue or sound degradation via my own well-sorted out wifi.  
Asus RT-AC3100 (AiMesh-capable) or RT-AC3200 (tri-band 2x5Ghz + 1x2.4Ghz) can wifi Tidal HiFi  without issue.

Current  network (covering 1 acre and 4k sq.ft. 2-story house) is AC3100 (mesh router), Cat6 to two AC1900 (mesh nodes) streams Tidal Hifi everywhere in the house and (near as I can tell) anywhere on the property.

+1 use good wireless router(s).
Thank u all for all ur inputs. What I don't understand is if only data i.e. 1s and 0s are being transmitted, why does it matter whether it's airplay, pc, iPad or a dedicated streamer. Shouldn't they all stream the data effectively to the dac? Shouldn't the sq be all the same if indeed only the data is what's being streamed? 
Oh my, everything matters in digital audio front ends. Everything. It all makes a sonic difference from ethernet cables to LAN switches to DC power supplies and on and on....

We are dealing with many things including noise and timing issues.
It could be just a volume issue.  Just a few decibels louder sounds better in almost all cases.