Bookshelf Speakers for Master Bedroom

As the title stated, I am looking for a pair of speakers for my master bedroom. About 20x30 and has about 10 foot ceilings. Looking to setup 2 channel system utilizing a Rotel RA-1520 with Wadia 170iTransport. Also have a Marantz CD6003 in use. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated? Max I would like to spend is $1200. Last question, do I need floorstanding speakers for a room this size as I was not looking to add sub?

Thank you
pmshow
You need to check out Tekton, He is doing amazing stuff with speakers that are way in budget. He is a Builder out of Utah. I bought a pair for my bed room and they are so good that I moved them to my living room. I have sold my Revel F12 and replaced them with his book shelf and Sub. I had 5 different speakers brought to my home from Esoteric, Harbeth, Nola, PSB and Moniter Audio. The Tekton Blew them out the water and cost less, Made in our backyard by hand. I know we all like to read what the Mags have to say but there is a big world out there with tons of great audio gear.
If you can find a pair on the used market, Celestion SL700s. However, they use a dedicated stand.
Caesarpalace interesting speakers with pricing that is tough to beat;you mentioned 5 speakers you once owned and these perform better;especially when I see the harbeth and nola listed these maybe worth checking out;thanks for the info.
Thanks All for the great choices. As for Tekton, anyone else have these? I looked through the site and see a few that interest me including the Kats Meow!