Theoretical question about how CD's work

Theoretically, can the contents of a CD be printed out onto sheets of paper in 1’s & 0’s, re-entered digit by digit (say, by a generous helper monkey with an infinite lifespan) into some sort of program, and the same sound will be replicated? Just trying to understand how CD’s work (though I’ve been trying for 25 years and it still seems like magic to me).
sealrock
It’s a theoretical question as clearly stated and the answer is yes. That simple! Short and sweet.

Many audiophiles (largely vendors like Geoffkait) are even more long winded than all those politicians up on the debate stage trying to convince people to vote them in as President.

Almarg as an example though , and some others, are different. Al does not waste words on speculation...just the technical facts that can help further understanding of how things work in the right hands. He is also not a vendor. No $$s to be made in this game for him specifically TTBOMK.

As if words can accurately describe what something, pretty much anything, actually sounds like.  Theory and reality are not the same.

Sound technical facts help for sure but even those words alone can’t do it.

Disclaimer:: I too am NOT a vendor......no $$$s in this game for me.
So it's settled. The monkey on the player piano is the correct outcome.
🐒 + 🎹 = 🎼

here is a somewhat related comment...i'm sure that many of us played a CD in the car while driving...i bet it sounded fabulous...regardless of the laser scattering, the bumps in the road, and all the motion the car experiences during a normal drive...athat cheap CD player sounded pretty good...
Well, the CD player in the car buffers the data, otherwise the CD would not play at all. However, data buffering cannot fix the damage already done by scattered light and the vibration CD, which occurs in the first picosecond as the laser reads the disc. So, you would have thought the sound was even more fabulous had the scattered light and CD vibration been eliminated. Everything is relative.

A lot of people think their system sounds fabulous. I get it. 😬

No matter how much you have in the end you would have had even more if you had started out with more. 😛
Post removed