So just how much vinyl do YOU own?

Let's hear some numbers!

And when do you think you might have enough to last your lifetime?

Or is it like horsepower ... Too much is never enough!

Do you have regular clearouts or just keep adding until the floorboards start to creak!

All just for fun people!
128x128uberwaltz
Lol.

Just enjoy your music and buy what moves you.

At least that is what I am now trying to do, not that long ago I found I was buying vinyl just for vinyls sake.

Trying to be a bit more selective nowadays.
19 feet of 12" vinyl. about 1,300. 
10 feet of CDs. (300?) a few more in the car
only 2 feet of 45s and 78s 
cassettes? mixtapes? reel to reel? a few boxes

I have started culling them, but it's hard. I gave some to my niece and sold a few, but at this rate it's going to take forever. 

What are you rules for culling records? If I haven't played it for 10 years, it should probably go. If it doesn't light a spark in my brain, it should probably go. But it's painful. 

Some of them I know I'll keep until I'm dead. Mingus, Ellington, Zappa, Gerald Wilson, Oliver Nelson, Prokofiev, Blues. 

Others I'm sort of blah about. The ones I already gave away are Ronstadt, Jethro Tull (except the first one), Elton John. I like some of it, but I've got much better. 

How do people go to desert islands with only five?

It would be one very boring desert island adventure with just 5 albums, let me off after 12 hours tops!

My regime is fairly simple, does not matter how long since I played it if i like the album and the sq is good then its a keeper.
If I do not get around to playing it again my daughter might......
I admit to getting rid of some I sort of liked but were either poor shape or poor sq or both!

But my acquisitions far outweigh my culling!
8000+ lps 2000+ cds, will never get to relisten to them all but keep buying, there is still a thrill to holding that new baby in your hands sitting down relaxing and enjoying some new sounds.
Johnto.

I think you nailed it right there.

Yes there is something great about the hunt and the pleasure of spinning that new to me vinyl even when the constant additions might mean some older stuff never sees the TT again.

Sad in one aspect but very true.