A friend told me JBL DD67000 is actually very bad speaker, is it true?

According to him, those Tidal, Kharma, YG, Magico, Vivid G1, Grande Focal and German Physik are truely good speakers, JBL ain't no good...and his reasons: JBL is boxy, horny coloration as hell, zero imaging.

is this true?

128x128mtoc
Post removed 
@smodtactical --

What are more current thoughts on the everest... 3 years later?

The JBL Everest DD67000’s (the latest iteration I heard) to my ears are great speakers, despite perhaps being somewhat compromised by the mids horn profile (likely dictated by the choice of design aesthetics). They sport an unforced, relaxed presence with proper "image" size, are rather coherent, and are dynamically very astute.

I’d wager the horn profiles of the JBL M2 and 4367 are better, not to say it necessarily makes them more capable allround performers, but they are very, very good in their own right, at much cheaper at that (though lacking the overall wallop of the Everest’s).

I hope JBL with an upcoming new iteration of the Everest will apply their latest mids/tweeter horn profile (in solid wood, perhaps, or maybe even better: stacked plywood?) that isn’t compromised by enclosure design choices - as is, form-follows-function, and not the other way round - and not least turn them into all-horns. It would mean a more substantial, sculptural "package," and one likely missing a few hertz in the bottom range, but instead with true, very high sensitivity at +100dB’s and a potentially even more coherent, vibrant presentation. Bring it on, JBL.
“What are more current thoughts on the everest... 3 years later?”

I’ve owned the 67k for about four years and I couldn’t be happier with them.  I auditioned dozens of big names and found a couple that imaged about as well and handled some sorts of music about as well, but none could even approach the level of ease that the JBLs bring to large scale orchestral music, Bach organ concerti, percussion, and big-dynamic rock.  They are simply relaxed with those things, but then I can put Stan Getz vinyl on the turntable and he appears in the room, complete with the delicate details of his sax’s reed.  My next project is to put an Elekit TU8600s SET on them to see if 96 db efficiency will allow them to perform well on small ensembles of various sorts.
At a lower price point, the Project Array 1400 has a lot of the same qualities but with more limited dynamics, but not as limited as most of the Everests’ competition.  
Doodle,
Interesting for sure. JBL’s lack of US marketing is interesting to say the least but there seems to be consistently good impressions/reviews/measurements of their latest offerings (specifically the 4367 and M2).

I have thought about buying the 4367 from music direct and just taking the gamble (low risk with 60 day trial) but they push my budget so just not sure yet. I have not heard a horn that I really liked (I like some aspects) but I still want to try lol.