Top Notch Desktop System

I have been spending more and more time at my desk and am consequently listening to more and more music there. So I need a desktop music system which is really fulfilling. Here are the speakers I am considering in order of cost:

Tannoy Reveal 402
Revel M16
KEF LSX
Mini Maggie
KEF LS50
Audience The One V3
Bluesound Duo
KEF LS50 Wireless

The LSX, LS50W and Bluesound have the the advantage of being more of all in one type systems.

Depending on the speakers, I may add a sub.

Has anyone heard more than one of these speakers in a near field / desktop system? Any other speakers to add to the mix?

Thanks.
americanflag
@yyzsantabarbara ,

Thanks for the info and context.  There are a lot of variables.  

It seems like the Mini Maggies can sound wonderful IF you have a lot of flexibility in the placement / set up.  

The TAD's are very nice.  

I guess if you have enough space in front of your desk, then you do not need desktop speakers as you can use regular speakers on the floor.  
If you can fit them, I think the KEF R3s are amazing nearfield. Smoother polar response (thanks to the tangerine waveguide from the Reference series handed down) than the LS50s and more extended bass.
Also regarding ME-1, I demoed the ME-1 against the KEF Reference 1 with a few friends and we all agreed the Reference 1 was more pleasing to listen to. The Reference 1 sounds a bit rolled off--go the R3 if you want more neutral--whereas the ME-1 is brighter and more detailed. I feel long term there’s some fatigue with the ME-1, possible due to the resonance peak at 1100hz with the ME-1, whereas the Reference 1s are laid back and you can play them for hours on end.
Interesting take on the ME-1 and the KEF Ref 1. One negative on the Ref1 for a small room is that the placement options are not as flexible as the TAD ME-1. When you are in a small room the room becomes the most dominating component. My room is 12x11x9 and it is hard to get the spacing to align with KEF's recommendations in the manual. I am sure it will sound good but likely not operating at it's peak ability in my room. I have heard the REF 1 many times an really love that speaker.