Vincent Audio SV-500 Arriving Today

So I have a Vincent Audio SV-500 arriving today.

Pretty excited and not sure what I am going to experience (something good I hope of course!)
They will be connected to Martin Logan Motion 40’s, Questyle CMA400i DAC and Denon dp-300f TT with a Ortofon 2M Blue, Hi Res music from my HTPC (DSD and other Flac Files).

Since the Vincent does not have a phono stage for now, I will need to use the built in phono in the Denon.

And I will be comparing to my current source, a Denon AVR-5700.Perhaps not as much power as the Denon but am hoping that I am going to like.
I think the following will happen:
- I absolutely love it and stay with it- I don’t see a big difference from the Denon and return it- I don’t like the sound of a Hybrid Amp and return it and get a SS Amp (maybe a Yamy AS1100 or 2100)- I like it very much and get curious about the SV-237MK and so exchange for that
Got roughly 30 days to figure it out.
We’ll see....
128x128jay73
Well I have been doing comparison's between the Vincent and Denon since last night (a lot of connecting/disconnecting of speaker cables and source cables, ha).

Listening to both units in Denon Direct Mode and Vincent Tone Defeat modes and used a app from my phone for sound levels, listening around 70db from both units. Wanted to keep things as fair as possible.

Listened to multiple tracks from CD's, Vinyl and HI Res music files from PC.

Now, I am no pro or anything but I did try to listen as critically as possible. Listening for certain instruments in certain songs, many times switching back and forth between very specific parts of the song.

So far I have come to the conclusion that both are about equal, there is just slight difference between the two. Now I know some of you might feel the Vincent should be blowing away the Denon and that perhaps should have been the case if this particular Denon was of lower class.

But as I stated before, this AVR-5700 was top of the line back in its day and highly regarded, winning awards left and right and it weighs a lot.

Now I have a question for you all. The Vincent and Denon I think (could be wrong) are basically class A/B Amps.

The Belles Aria mentioned above, is that Class D?

I have also been curious about the Primare Line and have been to a demo for the I25 which is Class D.

I wonder if maybe Class D would have a more forward/bright presentation?

I  think I am starting to under what you all mean by the Vincent and Denon having a more warm and relaxed feel to it and I am not complaining about that type of sound, I do like it.

I asked this question in another thread but did not get much feedback but do you all think there might be a bid difference between the Primare I22 (older version) and the newer I25?

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

I don't know what I have gotten myself into with this hobby, lol.

Actually, the Yamaha S1100 or S2100 integrated amps would be a lot brighter and more forward than the Denon/Vincent sound.  The same would be said about the Bryston integrated. 

Class D amps will not be as bright or solid-state sounding as the Yamaha or Bryston.  They are going to be a very high resolution and very smooth amp.  Very neutral (not warm / not bright).  However, many Class D amps just do not have the high frequency extention and "air" that Class AB amps have.  Many love the Class D offerings, but my hearing and personal preference is sensitive to that lack of "air"  that Class AB has.
@auxinput Thanks for the input. I have read  many reviews from users stating that the Yamaha's sound warm and tube like, have you experienced that?

Huh.  I have only heard the Yamaha from many youtube videos (which on my system has accurately shown the sonic signature).  All the Yamaha integrateds have a very bright and solid state sound. 
jay73,So what did you decide?  I just read the responses to your post and kinda cringed.  I have owned a Vincent SP-331 (loved it--great bass!), a Vincent preamp (SA-31 maybe?  quite musical with an Emotiva amp), and an integrated all-tube Vincent (produced by a Vincent subsidiary if I recall).  My one contribution is this: Vincents take a long time to break in!  Letting your new Vincent play (at low volumes) all day while you're at work for a week will make a huge difference.  I found your post while considering a Vincent integrated.  Too late for your audition but might help future Vincent auditioners.