tweeter replacement Magico S5

I have to replace my tweeter on the Magico S5. I could use some advice from anyone who has done it.
Thank you
guyt
Thank you Erik for the info.. Anyone out there who can confirm that the Magico S5 tweeter is the Scanspeak Illuminator D3004/6640-00. The fastner holes seem identical but the Scanspeak has a grill over the dome.

So to clarify, Magico has always claimed their tweeter diaphragm has a proprietary coating which is a claim I would be unable to validate without having one of each.

My suggestion to you to think of this as a replacement was based on my understanding you wanted to be frugal.

If $800 seems reasonable to you, go ahead and get it from Magico. I won’t be offended. :)

I am however a little surprised they aren't willing to replace the diaphragm alone at a discount, seems a shame, since that really IS a very nice tweeter motor.

Best,

E
Mike, and others thank you for your input.  After Mike's post I feel better about the soldering.  I think I will stick with the Magico tweeter, no offense to those who suggest otherwise.  I got the S5s used for about $18,000 from Scott Walker in CA including the shipment to Alaska.   New they were $28,000-$32,000, so I'm told.   I expect any after market tweeter installed in one speaker may cause a conflict sonically with the other speaker etc.  Thank you  to all.
Guy.
Eric, asked Magico if they could repair the tweeter since it is only the support material that suspends the dome.  They answered in the negative.  Maybe when I swap them out I can sell the damaged one on Ebay or give to the cat and let her have at it.  Thanks for you input.
Guy
No!!

Beryllium is poisonous, especially when inhaled. Make sure you dispose of the original per instructions.