What system can adequately reproduce the sounds of a tanker being hit by torpedo ?

Not sure. For home listening I would go with Studer A820 deck, Gryphon Mephisto monoblocks and Gryphon Kodo speakers. But there might me other options. Still, an almost impossible task, I guess.
inna
Post removed 
Silly and pointless?  Herding cats?

Boy, that sure brings back memories for me when I worked at a cat ranch during summers between college years.  We rode ligers (a cross between a male lion and a female tiger) with small saddles and used squirt guns.  It was a 40 acre ranch with 28,000 free roaming cats.  We had cat juggling contests during breaks. If you think cat herding sounds difficult, try juggling 3 live hissing cats with all their claws and obvious preferences not to be juggled.

Like an idiot, however, I made the mistake of asking the owner why he didn't just keep all the cats in several large, contained and sanitary cages.  Odd, that was the last summer I herded cats and you don't really hear much about cat herding any more. Whoops.

But thanks anyways, Elizabeth, for bringing back all the fond memories of my cat herding days.

Tim

The "Media System" with mainstream drivers plays that through the West. I love the idea to honor veterans by not producing them.

The curious case of the tankers.

Link:     thesaker.is/the-curious-case-of-the-tankers/

GT Audioworks and open baffle servo subs
planar magnetic driver no crossover 
plays to 15 hz - if you use a good set headphones you can tell they do
click link

https://youtu.be/2ZgRiAdbDNw