What’s your vote for the most ridiculous, overpriced, and useless tweak?

My vote: Furutech Outlet Cover 105 NCF $220, with “special crystalline material that has two “active” properties.” https://www.thecableco.com/outlet-cover-105-ncf.html

glow_worm

PT Barnum quotes:

“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.”

“Unless a man enters upon the vocation intended for him by nature, and best suited to his peculiar genius, he cannot succeed.”

“The best kind of charity is to help those who are willing to help themselves.”

“I don’t care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right.”

“Advertising is to a genuine article what manure is to land, - it largely increases the product.”

“Behind every crowd is a silver lining.”  🤗

The point of this thread is about overpriced tweaks.... Most of the selling tweaks are overpriced... Ridiculous? that is impossible to say if you do not try it...My opinion is replicate at low cost for yourself the basic principle behind tweaks that are evidently useful or tempting to try : tweaking an audio system against mechanical vibration, tweaking the room acoustically, tweaking the electrical system of the house, tweaking with unexplained experience that give positive results is fun I make it happen at very low cost....

If the point of this thread is dividing people in 2 entranchment, this is not useful...My audiophile experience is at the end precisely this: all the tweaks I replicate at almost no cost or low cost, that’s what gave me the true audiophile experience of sound and music at the end.... Final results : I will not upgrade anything like I was dreaming to some years ago...

If it was not for this studies I made about the usefulness of tweaks I will always go with unsatisfaction... Then that gives to no one any good to speak about evident too costly tweaks.... What is useful is what is your experience with them and how to replicate them at low cost... This is what interest me...All the rest is complaining rant most of the times and reading them is loosing times...My best to all...

kqvkq
I do have to offer my compliments to the original poster for a fun idea, it was inevitable that the thread would descend into argument. Why? Well, speaking as someone who has been involved in the hobby for over 40 years, I’ve watched the lunatic fringe rise from Auntie Enid and Peter Beltto, to well what it has become.

Why would the eye bulging types invade the thread to defend that tweaks and gizmos and Audio Jewelry are the bee’s knees? What do they need to defend? Can’t skeptics ridicule the craziness that inhabits audio in peace?

>>>>I hate to judge too quickly but it appears you’ve eye-dentified the wrong group as eye bulging types. 👀

Footnote: I almost stopped reading the post when I saw the poster “has been involved in the hobby for over 40 years.” It’s kind of a tip off of what’s to follow. 😬
Post removed 
Geoff,
As usual, we disagree. At least you like the Ramones.There may still be hope.

Lance