Preamp no longer makes a difference after caps and wire

I just wanted to check if anyone else had this experience. My tube preamp use to be pretty important at removing the harshness from my dac. Since I’ve upgraded the wired in my whole system and caps on my speaker they gave the system a tube like quality. I’ve been skipping the tube in the preamp and the difference in sound is almost minimal. I think I would have a hard time a/b the difference. 
thewatcher101
After bypassing the ignition system in the Morris Minor the engine became dead quiet. No grain, no jitter, no dither, no digital glare.
Update, after a few more session of listening with it on and off, the conclusion is still to keep it. When the volume is turned to listening levels. The tubes even though impact no significant sonic signature that I can pin point, but the higher sense of realism it imparts. Usually with gear, you can tell  what it is doing, but with this preamp and the tubes I am using, the changes are so subtle but significant. By trying to identify what it was doing, I kinda of lost the point to just feeling how my system was delivering music. Very interesting
Sounds to me like some has designed and manufactured the "worlds best preamp", the mythological "straight wire with gain"!!!!! No colourations/distortions just the sound of, well, like going direct with source to amp.

Cheers George
It took a lot of tube rolling to get here, I've tried some really nice 'holy grail' tubes from telefunken, siemens, mullard, and russians. 

Turns out they all had coloration, the only ones that were neutral to my ears were matsushita/national - some very inexpensive tubes. 

They are biamped - audiosource 310v for woofers and mini mite monos for hf. 

The preamp was recommended in one of the last few articles written by Arnie Nudell.