What’s your vote for the most ridiculous, overpriced, and useless tweak?

My vote: Furutech Outlet Cover 105 NCF $220, with “special crystalline material that has two “active” properties.” https://www.thecableco.com/outlet-cover-105-ncf.html

glow_worm
Any manufacture or dealer that offers a 90-day no questions asked return policy is okay in my books.  Why trust the marketing spiel when you can try it yourself.
Frank,
A $5k power conditioner to improve the picture of a rear projection TV?

Does this mean that I could breath new life into my Philco fridge, Zenith radio (6 transistors), and Admiral TV (color) with one of these babies?

Would that be $5,000 each, or could I get by with just one?
It's hard to fathom that a $5,000 gadget that causes refrigerators to suddenly freeze up and need re-calibrating (which defies that fact that modern refrigerators have thermostats), causes home AC units to run 20% less of the time, causes impressive savings on monthly electrical bills, and causes projectors and flat screens to suddenly seem like windows into reality has flown so far under the radar for so long without being reported in every major peer-reviewed scientific journal. What effect does it have on your wife's hair dryer? Does she blow her hair dry 25% faster? How about your Christmas lights-do they go from boring to Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation with pilots spotting the house from miles away? Utterly amazing. But it must be true, because there's a 90 day satisfaction or your money back guarantee goshdurnit!
Anyone else find an inverse relationship between the amount of hyperbole used to describe a tweak type product and the actual performance enhancement brought about by the product?  
How about a similar inverse relationship between the packaging used for certain products and the value those products bring to a system.  For example, why would a device designed to be installed in your breaker box need to be delivered in a watertight Pelican case?  Finally, add a mystical connotation by sealing the case the item is in (i.e., opening this case voids the warranty) and "mums the word" about what is inside, and then you have a product that can sell for many multiples of what you put into it.
Anti-audiophiles and tweakaphobes see hyperbole behind every rock.