What’s your vote for the most ridiculous, overpriced, and useless tweak?

My vote: Furutech Outlet Cover 105 NCF $220, with “special crystalline material that has two “active” properties.” https://www.thecableco.com/outlet-cover-105-ncf.html

glow_worm
fsonicsmith sez ...

"OregonCaliorniaPapaDoc-I will ask you one last time-what did you pay $5,000 for?"
One last time? I don't recall you asking the first time, nor do I recall ever soliciting your advice about anything at all.  However, since you've made the assertion, I'll tell you what a person pays $5000 for when purchasing "The Gate."

The money pays for an improvement in sound quality not attainable in any other way. It virtually transforms one's listening experience. As a bonus, because it affects the circuitry in the entire home, it also improves theater systems. At this point, my 73" Mitsubishi rear projection TV's picture is absolutely stunning. 

I honestly believe that one could spend many times the amount needed to purchase The Gate on other equipment such as amp, linestage and speaker upgrades and still not attain the heights brought about by installing The Gate into one's system. This device makes improvements I've not heard before in over 40+ years in the hobby. The silence of the system is uncanny. This results in a clarity never before attained, instruments with drastically improved tonal quality, and vocals with organic realism.
"Since you have such confidence in the value of your purchase, why not unwrap the package and find out what the heck you paid for?"
I'm afraid that you'll have to come to grips with the fact that there are those of us out here who couldn't give a rat's behind how something works .... only that it does. Seriously, I don't care.
"A bundle of nano-fibers or a bundle of cat hair or a large Russian vintage oil and paper capacitor wrapped up in squirrel fur?"
Obviously fsonicsmith, not only have you not heard the advantages of The Gate, but you haven't seen one in the flesh. Therefore, you haven't taken one apart to see what's inside. As a result, your above comment has no relevance to the conversation, and like you, has no credibility on the issue to boot.

My suggestion to you (and yes, I understand that you didn't ask for my advice), would be to contact Tim and work out a plan for a 90 day, money-back guarantee on any of his products (except the Total Contact) and try them out for yourself. If you find them to be bunk, then come back in here, or the Gate forum and say so. If they improve your system as I and other's have stated, then be man enough to go into the forums and admit to your utter silliness.

Take care ...

Frank  

Rule no. 1: It’s never a bad time to promote the products one uh, promotes. Smooth, Frank, very smooth. I especially liked the way you worked in the 90 day guarantee. A true professional!
geoffkait ....

Thank you Geoff. It is always a pleasure to meet people who appreciate my talents. :-)

Frank
Any manufacture or dealer that offers a 90-day no questions asked return policy is okay in my books.  Why trust the marketing spiel when you can try it yourself.
Frank,
A $5k power conditioner to improve the picture of a rear projection TV?

Does this mean that I could breath new life into my Philco fridge, Zenith radio (6 transistors), and Admiral TV (color) with one of these babies?

Would that be $5,000 each, or could I get by with just one?