Class A Solid State Sound

Would someone kindly describe the differences in class A sound of Pass XA.8 series, Accuphase A-70/75 series, and Gryphon class A amplifiers. Does much or any of the differences relate to mosfet (Pass and Accuphase) or bipolar (Gryphon)  output devices?  Thank you!

audiobrian
George, that is one crazy amp, haha. My rule is, if I can lift it, I don’t want it. Is ME mainly confined to the Australian market? I have not heard of them.
Is ME mainly confined to the Australian market? I have not heard of them.

They were much in the line of today’s Gryphon Antileon Evo’s, maybe that’s where they got the ideas from.

Believe it or not these were made back 1990’s by Peter Stein of ME Sound (ME stood for modular electronics), as the ultimate statement to hi-end solid state amplification, most went to the Chinese/Japanese market.
They were shown at a US show but were severely let down when every time they were pushed into the very inefficient speakers they caused the hotels circuit breakers shut down, so they weren’t received too well, as well as being from Australia (nothing good comes from Australia we all know that) I don't think you yanks ever forgave us for taking the America's Cup away from you for the first time ever!!! Then we send Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee) over there to sort you lot out.

Later Peter Stein’s 1st wife divorced him and he survived that divorce so did the ME Sound company. But yes the idiot got married again, and once again got divorced, and settlement caused ME Sound to go down, never to recover. (what’s that old saying once bitten twice shy) he didn’t listen.

These amps used "probably" the best BJT output transistor ever made, the now defunct boutique manufactured Hirel EB203,204 (PNP) and ED203,204 (NPN). Each was spec’ed at 20amp 200mhz 200w and super linear, the ME-1500 I posted above used 24 of them.
Here was a little talk on them at DiyAudio
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/76846-whatever-hirel-transistors.html

Here is a token website he put up, where he still services them, maybe one day they will get going again.
http://www.me-au.com/

Cheers George

I just got modest Burson Audio Timekeeper amp, Australian company, and though they don't advertise it I have an impression that it operates in Class A until certain point.
Yes, Gryphon separates is a dream stuff.
Post removed