Perfect Path Tecnologies ‘The Gate’

Having been a music lover and audio enthusiast for more decades than I care to admit to I’ve had the privilege of owning some tremendous components over those years and thought I had attained a level of musical enjoyment that would be difficult to improve upon without spending more money than I could afford. Then along came The Gate to turn my audio conceptions on end. 

While I was quite skeptical of all of the positive proclamations regarding the Perfect Path mats, cards and contact enhancer ( how could they possibly bring about such sonic improvements?) I took the plunge and purchased a nano bundle to see what the hubbub was all about. Much to my surprise they not only brought about improvements to my systems’ ability to recreate a more musical sound but did so in spades. 

When Tim of Perfect Path Technologies asked if I wanted to try his new product, The Gate, I jumped at the chance thinking it would be a nice addition to what the other products provided. I wasn’t prepared for the quantum leap The Gate brought to my music listening pleasure. As much as the other products brought about a much lower noise floor, greater detail and delicacy, improved dynamics, richer tone and more realism The Gate does so in magnitudes difficult to describe. The best way I can describe its affect is unreal purity leading the most realistic musical sound I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing.....outside of a live performance obviously. It has me listening to all of my CD’s as if for the first time again.

I have no idea how The Gate actually works or what it does I just know it’s the most dramatic tweak to my system I’ve ever experienced and I wouldn’t think of being without it. As to how it’s implemented, it’s installed in the electrical panel with one lead connected to the common buss and the other to a breaker ( preferably 220). Hope I got the terminology correct.....I’m far from being an electrician!

At $4,999.00 it’s not cheap but worth every penny to me as I’ve spent more on components with less sonic improvement. 

Lastly, I realize some will scoff at something they can’t understand and I get not understanding it as I don’t, but I would hope people could keep their skepticism healthy and civil. I am not here to promote or sell, nor do I have any affiliation with PPT. I am only sharing something that I’ve found to be transforming in my system. Sorry for the lengthy introduction.
128x128mac48025
drpie... like you, I had Bybee IQSE and ARN, Stein harmonizers.
I aslo had big box Entreq.

I just kept the room acoustic treatments : Harmonizers and ARN.
I sold Entreq and IQSE when I installed the Emats in my system and after using total contact enhancer.

Tim’s products work better without them.

I can’t speak for every power treatments but for the one I am speaking that’s a fact (in my system and room of course).

When I will be able to buy the gate, maybe I can put my Torus out, who knows ?

So the PPT.s products are not that expensive in the end...

Hi drpie: Fantastic system you've assembled! Like barbapapa I too found that removing 7 High Fidelity MC 0.5 waveguides (which are for sale BTW) from my system after installing Perfect Path paste and E cards was a real improvement in my sound. It was not subtle either. Also, I was using a couple of Audio magic Pulse Gen devices (one inside the sub panel for my stereo and the other inside the power supply of the CD player). After removing them and replacing them with E cards, the sound was even more improved with less glare and bite. Good listening. Jeff
I wonder about Synergistic Research products such as Atmosphere, UEF Acoustic Panels, UEF Acoustic Dots, HFTs, ETCs, etc.  Better to remove them when using The Gate?

I'm using a ten-pack of SR HFTs throughout the room. They are staying where they are. They are great for getting a difficult room under control. Other than SR Level III power cords and the SR Blue fuses, the HFTs are the only SR products I'm using at the moment, so I can't speak for the rest.

One of my friends will be installing his HFTs shortly and he has The Gate already installed. He has a real need for room treatments. Perhaps he will chime in here after the installation.

Also, I believe that A'gon member Steve Fleschler had some experience with removing some SR products after installing his Omega E Mats and pasting his system with PPT's Total Contact. If he becomes aware of this thread, maybe he will share his experience as well.

Frank
I cannot understand why you would remove other different and complementary products after adding a PPT product? As the basis of operation of each product is different why not see them as complementary?

Acoustic treatments such as HFTs, Atmosphere etc affect the room, which is not anything the PPT products touch. Grounding solutions provide a common ground for all elements in the system, again nothing anything from PPT will affect (although the Gate may affect the overall ground you still need all components to share that).

The only exception might be power conditioners and the Gate, but even there one acts only passively while isolation transformers and most conditioners act on all legs of the power and provide additional benefits.

All of this is to say that in my system which includes all of the above, the Gate provided an incremental, and clearly differentiated, benefit strongly suggesting that it is complementary rather than duplicative.