WLM Diva Monitor -- Personal Experience?

I am considering purchasing the WLM Diva Monitors, but unfortunately there are no distributors in New York City. (i) Has anyone purchased them, and if so, what are your thoughts? (ii) Does anyone in the New York Area own them? I would love to be able to demo them.
northern3light
Isn't Red Wine Audio just a couple of hours away? They carry the line and they have a new demo room. I own the La Scala model. This is a very good speaker line that you should try to listen to. Good luck.
Hi, I have Diva Monitors with the Diva Control unit in my "SET the Control" system and am perfectly pleased with them.

These are great speakers that deliver a dense and joyful musical experience. Superlative timing with immediate response, very dynamic, very fast and with excellent soundstaging they have high goose-bump potential. I see you have a multi-mode tube amp with healthy output in ultralinear: Perfect for this speaker! With its high sensitivity the triode mode will be sufficient, normally. But this speaker is such fun you may want to let it off the leash now and then. Also, if you insert the Diva Control you give away some db's depending on its setting, so there again the amp's choice of mode will be a blessing. I am using a 2x8W triode design myself but that is enough because I run it at low volume in the bedroom, together with the Diva Control at +4db that ties it all nicely together for the purpose.

Talking about Diva Control: this is a fantastic (tonally clean!) device to make this a real big speaker without having to hide a sub somewhere. If it's in your budget, consider it seriously. If not, you can always add it later.

One word of warning: the Diva's very hard suspended paper drivers really need break-in time, please consider that if you hear brand new ones.

For the last three years, one of my "must hear" places at the Munich High End has been WLM: they never cease to amaze, the Scala is another magnificent case in point!

Hi Kclone, good to see you on this thread! Not a surprise though, as with our other Sacred Beasts with WLM it's the music that counts!

Enjoy!
Karel

oh yeah. Looks like we have similar taste. IMO, WLM is seriously under known and underrated.