Impressed by Pangea Audio AC-9SE

I have been using Lamm monoblocks with Kimber PK10 Palladian for years. The PK10 Palladian are great sounding power cable and can stand the test of time.

Lately I ran across some threads about the Pangea Audio AC-9 and AC-9SE power cables. Lots of folks raved about these cables here in Audiogon. The SE sells for $200/2m each at Audio Advisor with 30-day trial. I thought I got nothing to loose and want to find out what all the hypes about these cables. I ordered the SE version.

I was totally surprised that the AC-9SE sounded very close to the Kimber. The main difference is that the AC-9SE sounded a bit thicker and a tiny bit more punch in the bass than the KImber. The PK-10 Palladian was just a tad more air on top. The $200 AC-9SE competes toe-to-toe witht the $1000 Kimber. Amazing. In fact, the thicker sounding AC-9SE matches a bit better than the Kimber in my upgraded system. Talking about synergy here.

I recommend folks who have modest or even megabuck system should try out the AC-9SE. Don't let the low price fool you. You may be surprised.

Happy listening.
audiolui
Upgrading power cords is a big difference in sound quality. A friend of mine bought a Pangea pc, after I explained the difference a good pc will make, and he is thrilled with it, especially for the price. 
Post removed 

I have had a positive experience with Pangea's power cables and power strip in getting control over excessive sibilance (Sssss sounds) and plosives (such as the letter "T").

I swapped out the power cords on my DAC and amplifier with Pangea 14SE Mk II and 9SE Mk II cables. And I swapped out my Panamax surge protector for a Pangea Quattro Premier XL power strip for my DAC and reclocker. I also added a Pangea 9SE Mk II power cord to the Pangea power strip.

These Pangea products significantly increased clarity right out of the box. Then, after around 120 hours, I noticed that sibilance and plosives sounded shelved down a little while at the same time a lot more natural on the tracks that had suffered from that problem. Examples: Gillian Welch's Boots No. 2 albums and Simon & Garfunkel's Wednesday 3 a.m. album.

I played the 20 or so tracks in my playlist that had excessive sibilance or plosives, and only one still had a bit too much. The others are all fine now.

It is such a joy to be able to listen to these tracks without annoying sibilance and plosives. Also, with the increased clarity I am noticing more details and vocals are easier to understand.

Pangea power cords and power strip are some of the best bang for the buck audiophile products I have tried.

I had been using Audience Forte 3 power cords on my DAC and amp, and while there they added a beautiful, dark character with more lower midrange and upper bass emphasis, they did not reduce sibilance and plosives as much as the Pangea products did. The Audience cables found a good home, though, replacing the stock power cords on my GoldenEar Triton 3+ speakers and my subwoofers.

I am assuming that power cords matter more in some systems than with other ones.  The difference is night and day obvious with my system.