Newbie question about Vault 2i

I am about to order my new home theater and I am planning on buying Vault2.  I have Ethernet set up in closet where the gear is. 
I am planning on converting my CD’s and also signing on to either Tidal or Qobuz.  
The way I understand it is whatever music I download will be stored on Vault until I drop service.
Vault will be connected to my new receiver.
I will access the music via my iPhone and iPad, correct?
will a subscription to Roon make it easier to use Vault or is the software easy enough to use. What is the Value of using Roon?
Would converting to FLAC be the best option. 
Is connecting to receiver via rca cables to analog out the best way to go
if I didn’t care about converting CD’s would Node 2i be a good option for a lot less money? Is there an advantage to storing Tidal files and Qobuz on on Vault rather than just streaming Tidal to Node 2i.
thanks 
Bob

galleybob
@galleybob - If your AIFF files are on a system that is attached to the same network as the Node2i, the Node should find them. I don't own one, but I own another streamer and that is how it works. It will catalog every audio file it finds on the network.

Hopefully a Node 2/2i owner will chime in and validate my assumption.
I bought the Node 2i and set have it hooked to my receiver via analog. I am listening to Tidal MQA files. I have also set up a Network HD for my AIFF files which I converted with my Apple Superdrive. The files sound pretty good for sure but I think Tidal MQA is better. Would the Vault 2i do a better job in converting my CD's and would my CD files sound more like Tidal MQA. Thanks
Galleybob
Not sure I understand what you are asking but I do not think the Vault 2i would do a better job of ripping your CDs than your Superdrive did creating AIFF files. The files should sound the same because they are lossless conversions of the CD. I have found that MQA albums sound AS GOOD or BETTER than my CDs or AIFF ripped files. Most of the time MQA sounds BETTER but it depends on the album or title and how well it was recorded. The one advantage of the Vault 2i would be how it handles album metatdata. I had to search for album artwork to redo many file folders when using the Node 2. I had to do that because the Node 2 could not find the artwork for the albums created by Itunes. Itunes is very poor when getting album artwork. I don’t think the Vault2i has that problem when ripping CDs.