Schiit Freya plus. Is this an upgrade?

Any opinions on this version versus the previous?

https://www.schiit.com/products/freya-2

"differential triode input with semi-circlotron follower stage"

????
recluse
Tomcarr

i also have Vang’s 2cig. What amplification are you using your with the Frey’s to drive your Vandys. Can you give your opinion on sound quality. Can you compare to other set ups with the Vandys?  I drive mine with a Rogue Chronus Mag., but I’m very interested what a Freya/ Vidar combo can do.
@axameman- excellent link, thank you.
@lobinero - I'm using a Vincent SP-331 stereo amp. I prefer the Freya in tube mode. My front end is an Oppo 103 as a transport and a Schiit Modi Multi for the DAC. I have run a dedicated AC line to a dedicated room with acoustic treatment on all four walls and the ceiling. I am very happy with the sound quality. YMMV.

Tom
An update on Freya models. I went on Schiit's website on 5/25 and purchased the Freya. Next thing i know its 5/29 and i see the above thread about a Freya upgrade. I went on the website and lo and behold, the Freya S-solid state & Freya + are listed. I was dumbfounded (not too difficult of a task) & needles to say i was upset because i thought i should have been contacted. A few emails later and i realized i had been contacted via email only it was an old email i rarely use but, it was the one on record.
Schiit Audio May 28, 2019, 10:37 AM
(2 days ago) 
to me 
Good Morning, We are sorry for the delay in shipping. The Freya now comes in two versions . The Freya S,Passive or Active Solid State Remote Balanced Preamp for $599.00 and the Freya Plus Passive or Active Solid State or Tube Remote Balanced Preamp which is $899.00. Please let us know which version you would like and we will charge you accordingly.
Thank You Schiit Audio
So, NO MORE FREYA as we knew it..
I opted for the upgrade so i am waiting with anticipation...