For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@tomic601 

How has the fishing been brother?  We went after the Kokanee in Paulina on Saturday but got skunked.  Shameful...
I saw Aerosmith back in the early 70's at the Baltimore Civic Center and he played some good solo's, But, I don't think that he could hold a candle to Dick Wagner.  One of the best guitarist that I have seen was Frank Marino, back in 1976, I saw him 2 nights in a row at the old Hollywood Palace just outside of Baltimore and that just blew me away. I will check into Tahoniko. The "Foot in Cold Water" was a good album but never really got any air play. 

There was a record store out of Van Nuys, CA. that sent me fliers every couple weeks and specialized in new and obscure music. That is where I learned of many of great bands that most people have never been exposed to.
Great memories @730waters, and great to hear about them.  

All my heroes are 70’s guitar players. 
Here are a few to remember:  Leslie West, Ronnie Montrose, Gary Moore "Skid Row", Wayne Anderson "Granicus", Martin Pugh "Armageddon", Rick Emmett "Triumph", Rusty Burns "Point Blank", Mick Devenport " Nutz" (not much on the album, but great live). There were a lot of very good to great guitarist during the seventies and the above list doesn't even scratch the surface.